Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feelings

We had a wonderful day at the MTC today. The missionaries are incredible. Their spirits lift, amaze and inspire me. I cannot think of a more beautiful way to spend time...than with these amazing young men and women. I knew that my life had changed forever...at least in the way I have always thought of the missionary program....when it was on the news earlier this week that two missionaries serving in one of the Russian countries, had died in their apartment from a gas leak. I knew I had changed, when I heard the story, and tears streamed down my face. I had never met these two young men, but their lives had touched mine. I know what praying for the missionaries means, now. I know what praying for their families, means. I know, that through their example, they have completed their missions...they truly touched and changed lives. Mine was one of them.

I went over to Karon Oldroyd's tonight to go over a Relief Society invitation that we are working on. Her sweet daughter-in-law, took the burden off of us and designed and printed the program. Karon told me about a tragedy that has impacted her family. Her brother's grandson accidently, at this point, almost drowned, in the bathtub. Karon told me about the blogspot where the family is keeping everyone updated about this little guy's progress. I read it and was touched by the honesty and heartfelt words that the sweet Mom, Sara, wrote. I don't think there is a mom around who hasn't turned her back on her child for a moment. For most of us, life goes on and everything is normal....in some instances, like this one, life is forever changed in the blink of an eye. http://stakerzxposedblogspot.com. It is heart wrenching to read her story...it's inspiring to read about the faith she and her family have...and it is wonderful to know that Heavenly Father is aware and in control. I need to thank Karon for directing me to her blog. I will follow it with a hopeful heart for a speedy recovery for their little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment