Thursday, February 25, 2010

Linny's Home!!







How excited we are! Linny came home yesterday. I started out yesterday morning getting on the Delta airlines website to see if she was, indeed, on her way home....only to be saddened to see that her flight was delayed. I checked often....even downloading the website to my phone so I could be sure to know when she would arrive. I can't believe how excited I was to see her face...hear her voice....see her smile...and receive her hugs! The hours were stretched out...and with the delays in her flight....the day seemed as if it would never pass. Finally!!! 3 PM....when we had decided to head to the airport (what if by some slip...she flew in early...like Rich did?) We got to the airport...Bonnie and Larry were already there...evidently their thoughts were just like ours...what if she gets here early...someone needs to be here! The only detour in going to the airport was stopping to pick up a few balloons to welcome her. We arrived..and then Steve, Lisa and the girls arrived. We waited anxiously...watching the other families with posters, balloons and flowers, welcoming their missionaries home. Only in Utah!! I always wonder what people think when they come down those escalators and see all the excited faces...hearing the cheers....seeing the greetings. We made our way to the very bottom of the escalator....her plane had landed! She was here...now we just had to look for her! We waited for what surely was an eternity (did she stop at every bathroom???....or stop to shop???) Finally, Finally! There she is!!! There's that smile. The tears welled up in my eyes and I had to turn away. Kaity was crying....we were all cheering. This must be what it's like on the other side! 18 months....18 long/short and life changing months. My girl...my Sister Harold....my Linny was home. Can words ever express how proud I am of her. How much I love her. I much I respect her decision to serve a mission. How she truly makes my face smile and my heart sing. Linny's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment