Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MTC blessings

So, today we had a follow-up (2nd discussion) with Elder's Bautista and Bennett. Elder Bautista is from the Philipines and now lives in Canada and Edler Bennet is from New Zeland. They are both such cute boys....love their dark hair. Last week, they gave us the first lesson....oh, they were so tentative and shy. I even made a note that we really didn't have a lesson...we just talked. Today...one week later....what a change. They came in...and I love it, they open with a song and they sing beautifully together. They said it's for inviting the spirit to be there. After a prayer, they told us that they had really thought about what we asked last week (I had kind of forgotten to be honest) but I guess it was Where did we come from, why are we here, where are we going...you know...the golden questions. They had drawn, colored and put together an entire visual presentation (they are quite artistic...evidently Eler Bautista drew and colored while Elder Bennett sang to him) of the Plan of Salvation. It was wonderful...but more wonderful when Elder Bennett bore his testimony of repentance. He had evidently done some pretty heavy things (without his going into detail...just the impression) and needed to apologize to some people and figure out a restitution. It was amazing. Another one of the TRC ladies, June, was in the room with us acting as a neighbor. I think we were all completely blown away by the spirit that was in the room. I was amazed that these two missionaries would have gone to all the trouble to answer my questions....and visually show me what they were talking about. They will be amazing missionaries...they are going to San Francisco. Now...I have two more missionaries to worry and pray for. They have left a spot on my heart....and strengthened my testimony. My prayers this morning was that I would offer something, and I would feel the spirit....my prayers were answered...powerfully! Love the MTC!!!! Love these young men!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment